The World Rally Championship is underway and we’re excited to watch this year’s races online. Will you join us?
The WRC Championship is here for drivers and manufacturers and it regularly takes place over three days. There are multiple stages throughout the year, so you’ll be occupied for a long time.
In 2019, the World Rally Championship was won by Ott Tanak, the co-driver’s champion was Martin Jarveoja, while the manufacturers’ champion was Hyundai Shell Mobis WRT. It remains to be seen whether they’ll manage to win this year too.
When Can You Watch the WRC 2020?
In 2020, the WRC is divided into thirteen rounds that take place all over the world. Originally, there were supposed to be fourteen rounds, but the event in Chile was canceled due to ongoing political unrest. The organizers wanted to replace the event but were unable to do so. Either way, you can go ahead and check the full calendar for the year:
|22 – 26 January||Rallye Monte Carlo||Mixed|
|13 – 16 February||Rally Sweden||Snow|
|12 – 15 March||Rally Guanajuato Mexico||Gravel|
|23 – 26 April||Rally Argentina||Gravel|
|21 – 24 May||Rally de Portugal||Gravel|
|4 – 7 June||Rally Italia Sardegna||Gravel|
|16 – 19 July||Safari Rally Kenya||Gravel|
|6 – 9 August||Neste Rally Finland||Gravel|
|3 – 6 September||Rally New Zealand||Gravel|
|24 – 27 September||Rally Turkey||Gravel|
|15 – 18 October||ADAC Rallye Deutschland||Tarmac|
|28 – 31 October||Wales Rally GB||Gravel|
|19 – 22 November||Rally Japan||Tarmac|
Where Can You Watch the WRC 2020?
If you’re going to watch the WRC in the US this year, you’re going to need to get access to Eleven Sports Network. If you’re going to watch online, there are a couple of options.
How to Watch WRC 2020 Online?
As mentioned, the WRC 2020 events are broadcast by Eleven Sports Network. If you’re going to watch this channel online, then the best option for you is fuboTV, which is a great single-bundle platform. This one features dozens of TV networks, and you can even add a bunch of premium networks. In fact, you’re going to need this because the channel is available via the International Sports Plus pack. This one will cost you an extra $5.99 per month. Start your 7-day free trial on fuboTV now!
There are also loads of premium networks available for those seeking more content. fuboTV works on pretty much any devices in your home, including iOS and Android phones and tablets, Apple TV, Fire TV, Android TV, Chromecast, Roku, and more. (Note: fuboTV is a service that only works in the United States, so you’ll need a VPN if you’re going to travel outside of the country. Click here to find out what you have to do.)
Here’s how you can set up your 7-day free trial on fuboTV:
- First, you’re going to have to visit the fuboTV website and tap the “Start free trial” button at the top of the page.
- This will direct you to a page where you need to fill in your email address and a password. It’s also possible to use the social login buttons from Facebook and Twitter if you want an easier way of logging in.
- Then, you have to start building up your subscription by picking one of the main plans. fubo Standard features dozens of channels, while Family and Ultra are plans that also include extra channel packs and premium networks. None of them feature International Sports Plus.
- Thankfully, you can then start customizing the subscription by picking any of the channel packs you want, including the International Sports Plus. There are also add-ons you can get to expand the number of devices you can watch content simultaneously on or the capacity of the cloud DVR storage space.
- Fill in the payment details and you’re good to go. They won’t charge you until the 7-day free trial is over.
Other Ways to Watch WRC 2020
WRC+ – Another option for those who want to watch the WRC races is with the help of WRC+, which is the official video platform of the FIA world rally championship. The monthly pass will cost you 8.99 Euro per month, or 89.99 Euro for a year-long subscription. Subscribing to WRC+ will give you access to all stages live, which is some 25 hours of live coverage for every rally, as well as live TV studio with expert analysis and behind the scene stories. Plus, you can also view live maps, onboard videos, highlights, videos on demand, and have access to a live stream rewind feature. WRC+ works on smart TVs, iOS and Android phones and tablets, but you can also watch on your computer via the browser. The platform is available worldwide.
How Can You Watch WRC 2020 When You Leave the US?
If you chose to subscribe to fuboTV, you should know that the platform is geoblocked, like most live TV and streaming services are. Basically, the site can’t allow you to watch when traveling abroad due to licensing deals, so you’re going to have to get creative. What we mean by that is that you’re going to need a VPN to help you bypass the blockade by changing your IP address.
We think that one of your best options is ExpressVPN, which is one of the best tools on the market, with thousands of servers all over the world, and dozens of them in the US, as well as some great privacy features.
Here’s how you can use ExpressVPN to help you watch WRC 2020:
- First, you’re going to need to sign up for ExpressVPN (49% OFF) which will take a couple of minutes of your time. Make sure to be aware of the fact that ExpressVPN has a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can ask for a refund if there are any issues.
- Then, you’ll need to download the app for your device and to install it.
- Launch the tool and log into your account so you have the app ready for you whenever you need it.
- Next, you’ll have to find a server that’s based in the US and to connect to it.
- Once the connection has been established, you can load fuboTV and start watching WRC anywhere you go.
How Can You Watch WRC 2020 in the UK, Germany, Australia, or Canada?
- Rally fans in the UK can enjoy the 2020 WRC on BT Sport and S4C.
- Fans in Germany can enjoy the event on DAZN.
- In Australia or Canada, the rallies can be watched via WRC+.